Position Title : Psychologists/Social Scientist for The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station : Various Locations across Greece
Classification : Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment : Special short term contract with possibility of extension
Closing Date : May 31st, 2018
Responsibilities: Assessing the psychological and / or psychiatric health of the beneficiaries and making a psychological assessment. Psychological support and development of activities and interventions, aiming at:
a) anxiety management b) handling of conflicts and abrupt behavioural changes c) coping with crises related to mental or psychological pressure d) psychological discharging of the beneficiaries structure, e) improving interpersonal relationships and f) cultivating skills and talents. Participating in the design and implementation of interventions to inform and raise awareness to the beneficiaries. Referring beneficiaries to primary health care, if deemed necessary on the basis of the child's mental health status. The primary health care will be provided by partnering actors to the project. Undertakes other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education University degree in Psychology, Social Sciences or any other relevant field of study, preferably a bachelor degree or higher level from an accredited institution IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Experience: At least 2 years’ experience in psychosocial support, work in the migrant and refugees context or any other relevant experience; working with children will be considered as an asset.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility;
Ability to work with minimal supervision;
Good level of computer literacy;
Ability to work under difficult conditions.
Languages: Fluency in English and Greek is required.
1. Behavioural Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism
2. Client Orientation –identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
3. Creativity and Initiative – proactively develops new ways to solve problems Leadership and Negotiation – provides constructive feedback to colleagues Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
4. Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
5. Professionalism – Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to the relevant cultural contexts
6. Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
7. Technological Awareness - proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
8. Technical Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level
9. Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work Advantageous
Previous experience and/or knowledge on human trafficking and smuggling and child protection is an advantage Previous working experience with children is an advantage Background working with refugees or migrants will be a distinct advantage
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Αναγνώσεις άρθρου: 1425