In the framework of the emergency situation regarding the migrants, asylum seekers and refugees across Greece, IOM Greece is
establishing a pool of candidates interested to join the organization.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop an action plan for implementing and monitoring the staff care provision to the IOM field staff.
- Develop and conduct a psychosocial assessment for IOM office and field staff to identify and address the needs.
- Organize and deliver monthly individual or/and group psychosocial sessions and guidance to the IOM field staff.
- Undertake Stress Management workshop/training to frontline staff.
- Report on progress of staff wellbeing, highlighting major issues of concern and advice when needed, while maintaining
confidentiality, to line manager.
- Capacity building: The consultant will provide professional training to key managers based on identified training needs.
- Final report including recommendations on applicable staff care system (with clear action plan, resources needed,
phases of set up of staff care clearly depicted)
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Psychology; Master’s degree in Psychology or Social Work would be
considered as an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the field of staff care and psychosocial support.
- Previous work experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Cross-cultural working experience in the field of staff care psychosocial support
- Strong training, presentation and facilitation skills
- Highly driven, dependable and results oriented
- Ability to build trust and operate with highest standards of integrity
- Known reliability in delivery of timely and quality services
- Knowledge and experience implementing peer support and team building workshops
- Computer skills: Proficiency in current office software applications.
Fluency in English and Greek is required.
- Accountability – accepts and gives constructive criticism;
- Client Orientation – identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work;
- Continuous Learning – demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues;
- Planning and Organizing – sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by
adapting to relevant cultural contexts.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country
office or regional objectives;
- Drivers’ license with practical experience required.
- The position is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of
residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Appointment will be subject to the provision of the relevant to the position degree(s), professional licenses and/or
criminal record certificate.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to