Main purpose: Participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / pycho-social related services in the programme in accordance with MSF standards to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ Lesvos Projects
Location: Lesvos (Moria)
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension)
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psychosocial needs
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager
- Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
- Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential
- Essential degree in Psychology and License to practice in Greece.
- Desirable 3 years of previous experience as a psychologist. Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs is an asset.
- Desirable experience with psychological support for families and children in migration context.
- Essential Greek and English. French/Arabic/Farsi will be considered an asset.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles, Behavioral Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Service Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Closing Date: 18/06/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.