EPAPSY in collaboration with UNHCR is implementing a project in the urban area of Attica that focuses on the provision of community psychosocial cupport integrated services to refugees/asylum seekers.
The objective of the project is to develop competency-based skills of refugees enabling them to take on paraprofessional roles of Community Psychosocial Workers within the refugee communities.
Job Title: Community Psychosocial Worker - French-speaking
Status: For a fixed period – until 31/12/2023 (with possibility of extension)
Working hours: Full time (11:00 – 19:00 from Monday to Friday)
Workplace: Psychosocial Support Centre for Refugees (PSCR)
Submit until: 03/09/2023
- Assessment of problems and identification of needs
- Community outreach activities
- Mental health promotion and prevention of mental illness
- Psychosocial support (individual and group sessions performing home visits -or in community centers-and using community-based MHPSS approaches facilitates families and communities to support and care for others)
- Community mobilization leading to enhanced social resilience
- Referral to available and accessible resources including provision of basic needs
- Create and promote new initiatives that support the psychosocial wellbeing of refugees.
Required qualifications and skills
- Recognized refugee
- African background
- Experience in voluntary work (formal or informal through community networks)
- Experience working within the field of mental health is highly valued.
- Experience working with refugees/asylum seekers is an asset.
Required professional skills
- “Lived experience” – Persons who have gone through displacement, integration, and relevant bureaucratic procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously within different cultural environments
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity.
- Motivation and potential to learn
- Fluency in French
- Good knowledge of Greek is necessary.
- Good knowledge of English is considered a great asset.
- Knowledge of African languages is highly valued.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is essential.