Title: Case Worker
Team/programme: Greece – European Refugee Crisis
Location: Chios, Greece
contract length: fix term 2 months
- University degree in social work or psychology;
- Experience in working with children and young people;
- Knowledge and understanding of the impact of traumatic events on the developing child and approaches and strategies to support and promote resilience and problem solving;
- Knowledge and experience of supporting families and delivering training/support in positive parenting approaches;
- Good working knowledge of national and international legal frameworks and conventions related to child care and protection including the UN CRC, its Operational Protocols and relevant ILO Conventions;
- Knowledge and understanding of migration and asylum legislation, policies and practices in Greece and the European Union, with emphasis on procedures for unaccompanied and separated children;
The overall purpose of the Case Worker is to work as a member of a team in identifying and providing support to unaccompanied and separated children and other vulnerable children and their families residing in sites for refugees and migrants in Greece. Support to identified children will be provided through the provision of individual support and case management, psychosocial/psychological support, protection monitoring and referral, advocacy and awareness-raising activities. Where necessary, appropriate alternative care arrangements will be identified and supported. The Case Worker will work in collaboration with a team of Case Workers and Cultural Mediators.
Deadline for receiving applications is until 9/7/2017. Please note that due to the emergency response the deadline for applications might expire earlier.
To send your CV click here
Δημοσιεύθηκε : 05 Ιουλίου 2017
Αναγνώσεις άρθρου: 1301