Το έργο του συντονισμού για την αντιμετώπιση της μάστιγας των...
Εργασία σε αποστολή στην Ελλάδα: Psychiatrist
Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Location: Athens – Day Care Centre
Part time position: 1 day/weekStarting Date: Immediately Duration: 3 months (possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organisation that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centres (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
To collaborate with MSF medical staff on the integration of psychiatric treatment with basic healthcare services in order to insure the treatment of patients suffering from severe and common psychiatric disorders.
Main Responsibilities of the Position
- Provide treatment for patients suffering from severe and common psychiatric disorders with specific attention to the cultural context.
- Provide training and supervision to national and international medical staff (doctors and nurses) on diagnosis and treatment of severe and common mental health disorders according to MSF guidelines
- Participate as a member of the mental health team when present and offer supervision and support to national psychologists and counsellors
- Ensure that guidelines and psychotropic medications from MSF standard drug list are available in the project
- Ensure that proper information on treatment and follow up are collected in order to monitor the provision of care.
- Evaluate in-country available psychiatric services including possibilities for psychiatric hospitalization and the quality of these services.
- Form a relationship with MoH and exploration of sustainability of psychiatric treatment.
- Establish collaboration/communication with medical specialties in the project in order to achieve a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
- MD degree, registered Psychiatrist. At least 3 years experience in clinical care to adults/children
- Desirable experience: Experience with migrants is an asset and/or traumatized refugees and psychotherapy. Previous experience with MSF. Previous field experience with MSF in different contexts essential.
- Essential, Greek and English
- Desirable Arabic/Farsi/Dari
- Result, Teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management
Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
Closing date: 17/08/2018
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Αναγνώσεις άρθρου: 289