Main purpose: Provide psychological support to children and adolescents according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ Lesvos Projects
Location: Lesvos (Moria)
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (high possibility of extension)
- Carry out evaluation of mental health needs of children/adolescent and establishing a treatment plan accordingly
- Providing individual/family/group psychological sessions in order to improve/ stabilize the patients’ mental health condition, according to MSF protocols and MSF model of care.
- Providing assessment and counseling/psychological support for survivors of sexual violence, according to MSF protocols in close cooperation with the medical team.
- When needed, performing crisis intervention sessions to patients with acute MH problems in the clinic.
- Providing attestation of care letters, as well as MH certificates to patients when appropriate.
- Ensuring active participation in trainings, supervision and team meetings
- Working in close collaboration with Cultural Mediators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior and therapeutic approach.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities.
Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective.
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary.
- Essential degree or diploma in Psychology.
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience as a psychologist. License to practice as psychologist in Greece.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs is an asset. Desirable experience with psychological support for families and children in migration context.
- Essential Greek and English. French/Arabic/Farsi is an asset.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles, Behavioral Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Service Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Closing Date: 15/06/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Η Πύλη Ψυχολογίας είναι εγκεκριμένος εκδότης (Publisher) στην υπηρεσία Google News. Ακολουθήστε μας για να έχετε πρόσβαση σε όλη την αρθρογραφία καθώς και άμεση ενημέρωση για έρευνες ψυχολογίας και θέματα που αφορούν την επικαιρότητα ψυχολογίας και ψυχικής υγείας: Πύλη Ψυχολογίας - Google News
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.