O Διεθνής Οργανισμός Μετανάστευσης (ΔΟΜ) αναζητά: Community Support and Engagement Specialist
Call for CVs GR 19/145 Community Support and Engagement Specialist
Duty Station: Various Location across Greece
Classification: Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment: Special short-term contract
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager, and the direct supervision of the National Coordinator in charge, the successful candidate is expected to:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Design and implement a location-specific community engagement strategy, in compliance with the protection mainstreaming strategy on Community Engagement, Accountability and Participation, under the support and the supervision of Community Engagement Assistants, the Area Managers, and the National Non-Formal Education Coordinator;
- Closely collaborate with field teams and all on-site actors, SMS, Protection, Non-Formal Education teams and coordinate in jointly addressing communities' needs and in mobilizing the communities;
- Assess and address communities’ information needs, provide comprehensive, timely and accurate information through accessible channels, in the relevant languages, and in a culturally sensitive way;
- Map the available national, local and on-site services, and co-operate with Protection teams in facilitating beneficiaries’ access to health, education, employment, and integration opportunities;
- Engage communities in decision-making, through structured community meetings, Youth and Women Committees, and FGDs that guarantee inclusion, participation, and representation;
- Ensure effective feedback mechanisms (help desks, info boards, suggestion boxes, service and actor mapping, etc.) are in place and that beneficiaries’ feedback is followed by specific actions and is incorporated into meaningful and inclusive community engagement activities that promote resilience, self-reliance and accountability;
- Liaise with on-site and local actors, municipalities, service providers, partners, and other stakeholders to design and implement joint activities, skills development workshops and training sessions, donations, recreational events, etc., to promote integration and cultural diversity;
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Effectively support community-based volunteer-teams to respond to site’s and host community’s needs, thus strengthening security and stability;
- Prepare regular assessments, monitoring and progress reports, engaging visual presentations, gaps and risks analysis, and submit data, in compliance with IOM Information Management Standards & Principals;
- Identify and document stories of strength within the communities, facilitate high-quality user-generated content (photos, videos, storytelling) and liaise with the IOM Media Department to publicly promote them
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.Required Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BSc degree from an accredited University in Social or Political Science, Psychology, Communications or relevant field with four (4) years of relevant work experience; MA/MSc in a relevant field of study with two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Two (2) – four (4) years’ work experience in humanitarian settings.
- Nuanced knowledge and understanding of the refugee and migration issues in Greece, the systems and processes in place to facilitate refugees’ access to services, education, health care, and social benefits.
- Experience in applying Protection and Communicating with Communities' tools and principles.
- Experience in liaising with stakeholders, local and international organizations, UN agencies, non-government or government institutions/organizations.
- Ability to work well both within a team and independently, in a challenging, fast-paced, multicultural environment, under strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, facilitation, communication, writing and presentations skills;
- Proficient in a Microsoft Office environment and office software packages. Knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in using web-based management systems.
- Strong work ethics and commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Fluency in English and Greek is required.
- Required Competencies
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives
- The position is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Appointment will be subject to the provision of the relevant to the position degree(s), professional licenses and/or criminal record certificate.
How to apply:
Posting Period: -17.01.2020
Αναγνώσεις άρθρου: 739